sad woman with a heavy heart 

Help for Someone Abusing Drugs or Alcohol

When a loved one's drinking or drug use has become a concern, it is easy to feel powerless. The good news is you are not alone. Help is available.

Define the Problem

A drinking or drugging habit becomes a problem when it causes trouble in:

  • Relationships
  • School or work
  • Social activities
  • How a person thinks or feels

Assessment Tools

These tools can help you or someone you care about decide if a drinking/drugging pattern has become a real problem.

Get Help

  • Call the Addiction Recovery Centers at 303-441-1275
  • For a teen or young adult, learn about Substance Abuse Classes & Evaluations
  • Speak to your doctor or health care provider
  • Contact Al-Anon/Alateen to get support for yourself. (Al-Anon and Alateen provide support for people who have an alcoholic or addict in their lives.)
  • Call the National Drug and Alcohol Treatment Referral Routing Service at 1-800-662-HELP

 Related Links


Addiction Recovery Centers (ARC)

ARC Broadway: 303-441-1275

ARC Valmont: 303-441-1281
Longmont: 303-678-6166
Lafayette: 720-564-2712
Submit a question

3470 Broadway
Map & Directions
Hours: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. M-F

3180 Airport Rd
Map & Directions
Hours: 24 hours a day


529 Coffman St
Map & Directions
Hours: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. M-F


1345 Plaza Court North # 3A
Map & Directions
Hours: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. M-F