Child Support Services

Child Support Services works with parents - custodial and noncustodial - and guardians to ensure children and families receive court-ordered support.

Eligibility & Fees

Receiving Services

Important: If you are currently working with another agency in another state, you must continue to work through the office in that State for child support enforcement assistance.
  • Residents in need of establishing paternity for purposes of obtaining a child support order
  • Custodial parents or legal guardians in need of assistance in establishing a child support order
  • Custodial parents or legal guardians in need of enforcing a child support order
  • Non-Custodial parents wishing to receive credit for child support payments

Associated Fees with Services

  • $20.00 application fee. Fee may be waived in cases of hardship if documentation is provided
  • No fees are charged for ongoing enforcement
  • $25.00 fee will be retained from your total payment if we intercept state or Federal tax return
  • Interstate cases, the other state may charge a fee to enforce your support order
  • For payments made to you in error, recovery will be automatically withheld from each future payment at the rate of 10 percent or $10.00, whichever is greater
  • Federal law requires us to withhold $25.00 one time each year from nonpublic assistance cases, or cases that have over $500.00 collected during that year

Locating Parents & Establishing Paternity

If you need help enforcing your child support order but don’t know where the non-custodial party lives. We can try to locate them. Our office uses a number of tools and resources to try to locate a non-custodial parent. For suggestions on locating non-custodial parties go to the State of Colorado's Child Support Website

Establishing Paternity

Before establishing a child support order paternity must be determined. If a child or children are not born as a result of a legal marriage, it may be necessary to establish paternity in a legal proceeding. Establish paternity is done by:
  • Acknowledgment of paternity - If the man named as the father of the child agrees to sign an official form stating he is the father. At the time of birth, the father can sign the form; acknowledging paternity may make court involvement unnecessary.
  • Legal establishment of paternity - If the man named by the mother as being the child’s father denies the relationship, or if the mother is unsure who the father is, the county can conduct genetic testing. The court can then review the genetic test results and decide on an appropriate child support order.

Additional information on paternity establishment may be obtained at the State of Colorado's Child Support Website

Opening & Closing Cases

Opening a Case:

Start by obtaining an application for services:
  • Housing & Human Services building at 515 Coffman St, Suite 100, Longmont, Colorado 80501
  • Call our office at 303-441-1000 and request an application be mailed to you
  • After submitting an application you will be contacted by a legal technician within 45 days about how to proceed.
  • Download an application, solicitud
  • Bring your completed application to the Longmont office or mail it to 515 Coffman St, Suite 100, Longmont, Colorado 80501

There is a $20.00 fee to open your child support case. Child support cases are automatically opened for Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) participants.

Closing a Case:

  • Submit a written request for closure to your Child Support Services office
  • Payments that come in on a case after it has been closed cannot be processed and will be returned to the sender
  • If your child support case with Boulder County is closed and we are no longer enforcing your order, that does not mean that the provisions of your child support order stop
  • If your children are not emancipated, the non-custodial party may still be held liable for any unpaid child support in the future if an enforcement case is ever re-opened

 Related Links

 Frequently Asked

 ‭(Hidden)‬ CrazyEgg


Housing & Human Services
Phone: 303-441-1000
Fax: 303-678-6309
Submit a question or comment


Mailing Address

Boulder County Child Support Services
515 Coffman St, Suite 100
Longmont, CO 80501

Longmont Office

515 Coffman St, Suite 100
Map & Directions
Hours: 8 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. M-F

Boulder County HHS Logo