Aid to the Needy Disabled /Aid to the Blind FAQs

Frequently Asked Questions

Where can I get help applying for AND?

You can contact Boulder County Housing and Human Services at 303-441-1000. Or, if you would like to come into the office, we have two locations. In Boulder, the office is located at 3460 N Broadway St Boulder CO 80304 and the Longmont location is at 529 Coffman Street Longmont CO 80501.

How does the county determine disability for AND?

In order to determine disability for AND an applicant must be certified by a Colorado licensed doctor as being disabled for at least six months without any work capacity.
  • For AND, print the doctor’s form, called a Med 9 and take it to your doctor to be completed 
  • For AB print the AB-5   and take it to your doctor.

What should I bring when applying?

Do not wait to apply if you do not have all of the verifications needed. You can gather information after your application has been received. You will need to provide proof of your identity and financial situation. This includes:
Proof of age, such as:

  • Birth certificate
  • Baptismal certificate
  • Statement from Social Security
  • Driver's license
  • Picture identification card
  • Military discharge papers
  • Alien registration card
  • Naturalization papers

Proof of citizenship, such as:

  • Birth certificate, citizenship record, or Affidavit
  • Social Security card
  • Naturalization papers
  • Passport
  • Alien registration papers

Proof of Colorado residency, such as:

  • Client statement
  • Rent receipt
  • Mortgage statement
  • Lease agreement
  • Voter registration
  • Utility bill
  • Phone bill

Proof of your and your spouse's gross income, such as:

  • Payroll check stubs
  • Letter from employer
  • Tax return
  • Statement of social security and SSI
  • Copies of checks for child support, alimony, self-employment, financial aid
  • Award letter

Proof of resources, such as:

  • Bank statements or letter from bank
  • Vehicle registration
  • Letter from the broker
  • Letter from Assessor's office
  • Life insurance policy or letter from insurance company
  • Burial contract or policies
  • Tax return
  • Investment funds, stocks or bonds

Proof of application for Supplemental Security Income (SSI), such as:

  • Receipt or letter from Social Security Administration showing application has been filed



Housing & Human Services

Phone: 303-441-1000
Fax: 303-441-1523
Submit a question or comment

Mailing Address

P.O. Box 471
Boulder, CO 80306


Benefits: 3460 Broadway
Map & Directions
Housing: 2525 13th St, Suite 204
Housing Phone: 303-441-3929
Housing Fax: 720-564-2283
Hours: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. M-F


515 Coffman St.
Map & Directions
Hours: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. M-F

Boulder County HHS Logo