Colorado Works Frequently Asked Questions

What are the three primary requirements of Colorado Works, aka TANF?

1. Must have primary responsibility for minor children in your home.
2. Must be willing to cooperate with Child Support Enforcement.
3. Must be willing to cooperate with Work Force Center.


Can I receive Colorado Works if I am a full-time college student?

In some cases. All Colorado Works clients must participate in job readiness activities with the Work Force Center. Some schooling will be allowed as a countable activity, but not there is no guarantee. If you are a student, the staff at Work Force Center can discuss this with you in greater detail.


Can I receive Colorado Works for a relative or a child I am responsible for but not related to?

In some cases you may be able to receive Colorado Works for children, other than your own biological children. You must provide verification of your relationship to the child and be able to prove you are responsible for that child.


Housing & Human Services

Phone: 303-441-1000
Fax: 303-441-1523
Submit a question or comment

Mailing Address

P.O. Box 471
Boulder, CO 80306


Benefits: 3460 Broadway
Map & Directions
Housing: 2525 13th St, Suite 204
Housing Phone: 303-441-3929
Housing Fax: 720-564-2283
Hours: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. M-F


515 Coffman St.
Map & Directions
Hours: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. M-F

Boulder County HHS Logo