Food Assistance

Help With Food for Those Impacted by Flooding

Community Organizations Ready to Help You Get The Food You Need

Organizations in Boulder County have both food banks and hot meals available for those impacted by the flooding.

Food banks are open at Sister Carmen (Lafayette/Louisville/ Erie), Emergency Family Assistance Association, or EFAA (Boulder/ Nederland), and Outreach United Resource (OUR) Center (Lyons/ Longmont). For the hours & location of these food banks, along with information on hot meals and other food pantries, please visit Community Food Share or call 211 to talk with someone about the help you need.

For families with children needing help with food, be sure to let your school’s counselor know that you need food assistance to get you through this stressful time. If you’re eligible, the school can help guide and enroll you in food assistance, and refer you to other assistance programs that may fit your family’s needs.

Where to Find Food Assistance

Food Assistance Replacement Dollars Available for Boulder County Residents:

Federal program allows replacement of food lost due to flooding

The federal program that provides food assistance to those who qualify for it will replace food lost due to the recent flooding in Boulder County. The replacement funds are available to those who are currently receiving food assistance, and covers food purchased using September Food Assistance benefits.

The recent severe flooding has cut off many Boulder County residents’ access to their food supplies, and in some cases has led to the spoilage or destruction of food. Those who purchased some of their food through the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) during the month of September and have now lost some of it due to the flooding may fill out an affidavit requesting replacement of the funds.

“It’s difficult enough to get the food and other help you need during a disaster like this,” said Larraine Archuleta, director of the Community Support Division of the Boulder County Department of Housing and Human Services (BCDHHS). “We want to be sure those who qualify for these replacement benefits have every opportunity to receive them.”

The value of the food assistance replacement will be based on the purchases made in September through the SNAP program.

Residents who feel they may qualify for the replacement food assistance should contact BCDHHS’ Community Support Manager Lynn Grey at or 303-441-1000. Those seeking the replacement will need to sign an affidavit, which can be done via email, mail, or in person at one of the BCDHHS locations in Boulder or Longmont once they have been contact by Lynn Grey.

 Related Links