flood debris 

Debris Collection & Removal

Debris Removal

Private Property Flood Debris Cleanup (FDC) Program

Boulder County is accepting applications from unincorporated Boulder County residents for the Private Property Flood Debris Cleanup (FDC) program. The FDC program assists property owners with the removal and disposal of debris left by the 2013 Flood. Owner-occupied residential properties will be granted prioritization in the selection process.

For more information or to apply for Private Property Flood Debris Cleanup (FDC) Program:

English »

En Español » 

This program is supported, in part, by the Disaster National Emergency Grant (DNEG).

Roadside Debris Collection

Boulder County's roadside flood debris collection has ended. All residents are now responsible for the proper disposal of their own flood debris. Debris can be hauled to Front Range or Foothills landfill.

Illegal Dumping

Flood debris should no longer be placed on roadsides as it will not be collected. Placing debris on the roadside may be considered illegal dumping, which is subject to penalty. To report illegal dumping, contact the Boulder County Sheriff's Office at 303-441-4444.

Woody/Vegetative Material

The Boulder County Debris Management Site (DMS) near Jay Road and 28th Street is closed to the public. There are several other locations throughout Boulder County that accept yard waste at reduced rates. Visit the Yard Waste Drop-Off website for more information. 

Open Burning of Flood Debris

The Boulder County Sheriff's Office is asking residents to use caution before burning vegetative flood debris due to concerns regarding limited and tough access to many parts of the county stemming from flood damage to roads. In addition, burning of flood debris can also be a health hazard, and the smoke can impact air quality. Much of the flood debris is illegal to burn without a permit. For example, it is illegal to burn material that is wet or full of soil, construction debris, and/or trash. A permit is required to burn clean, dry tree branches that are less than 6 inches in diameter. To apply for a permit and to learn more, visit the Burn Permit website.  

Hazardous Material

The Boulder County Hazardous Materials Management Facility (HMMF) collects household hazardous waste for free for residents of Boulder and Broomfield counties. Businesses are charged a small fee to dispose of their hazardous waste. Any products dropped off in good condition will be made available at the HMMF for use at no cost. For disposal or to pick up materials, visit:

Boulder County HMMF
1901 63rd Street - Unit C
Boulder, CO 80301
  • Open: Wednesday through Saturday 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. (excluding county holidays)
  • CLOSED: Sundays, Mondays and Tuesdays
  • Business waste is accepted by appointment only
For more information, call 720-564-2251 or visit www.BoulderCountyRecycles.org.


Much of your flood debris could be recyclable, which saves space in landfills and saves you money. Visit the county's recycling website to learn more. 

Electronics and other hard to recycle materials

Electronic waste (E-waste) and other hard to recycle materials are accepted at EcoCycle's CHaRM - Center for Hard to Recycle Materials at 6400 Arapahoe Road in Boulder. Visit CHaRM's website for more information including accepted items and disposal fees. 


Generally, tires are not accepted at landfills, but can be recycled for a small fee. Learn more about tire recycling.


The best disposal option for flood debris that cannot be recycled or reused:

  • Foothills Landfill - Highway 93 near Golden
  • Front Range Landfill - Weld County Road 5 near Erie
  • Western Disposal Transfer Station - Butte Mill Road near Boulder

 Related Links


FDC Program
Resource Conservation Division

720-564-2227 (fax)
FDC Program


Boulder County Recycling Center
1901 63rd St.
Hours: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. M-F
Map & Directions

Mailing Address

1901 63rd St.
Boulder, CO 80301