Licensing or Change of Ownership

Change in Commissary or Commercial Kitchen for Mobile Units or Catering Operations

Complete an updated Commissary Agreement form and submit it to Boulder County Public Health (BCPH).

Mobile Unit, Catering Operation, Existing Retail Food Establishment

A Request for License application (422 KB) may be required for an existing retail food establishment, mobile unit, or catering operation if:

  • You are planning to purchase or have already purchased an existing food service operation or mobile unit in Boulder County and are not making major changes to the establishment, menu, or equipment.
  • You are planning to start a catering business out of an existing licensed food service establishment in Boulder County.

Licenses are non-transferrable. A current Retail Food Establishment license must be posted in a conspicuous location. All licenses expire on December 31.

To obtain a license for an existing retail food establishment or mobile unit:

 Related Links


Food Safety Program

Submit a question


3450 Broadway
Map & Directions
Hours: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. M-F