Marriage/Civil Union Name Change

A name change may be completed after the marriage or civil union license is recorded at the Recording Division.

Social Security Card

Provide the following to change a name on a Social Security card:

  • Original marriage/civil union license
  • ID

Visit a Social Security office to change a name on a Social Security card:

  • Boulder - 4949 Pearl East Circle, Suite 101
  • Denver - 1500 Champa Street, 2nd Floor
  • Find other locations   

Driver's License

Visit a Department of Motor Vehicle office after visiting Social Security to change a name on a driver’s license:

  • Boulder - 2850 Iris Avenue
    • Phone - 303-442-3006
  • Longmont - 917 South Main Street
    • Phone - 303-776-4073
  • Find other locations


Recording Division

303-413-7775 (fax)
Hours: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. M-F


1750 33rd Street
Map and directions

Mailing Address

1750 33rd Street, Suite 201
Boulder, CO 80301