Find information on how to obtain licenses and permits with Boulder County. 

Filter: ×
Permit Description

Access Permit

Permit is needed to construct any driveway providing vehicular access to or from any County right-of-way

Asbestos Demolition Permit

Information on obtaining a permit to demolish/deconstruct a structure containing asbestos

Building Permits

Building permits are required for any construction that physically changes or adds structures to your property, or for work regulated by County codes

Burn Permits

Slash pile burns and broadcast burns require a burn permit

Concealed Handgun Permit

Permit to carry a concealed firearm

Construction Permits

Permit is needed to construct or maintain any road, drainage, or other improvement within County right-of-way

EZ BP (Easy Building Permits)

EZ BPs are residential building permits that can be applied for that do not require plans for submittal

Firewood Permit Sales

Purchase permits that allow you to collect up to two cords of firewood at the specified location and date

Floodplain Development Permits

Floodplain development permits are required for all development in the floodplain

Groundwater Well Permitting

The Colorado Department of Natural Resources issues permits to construct a new or replacement well

Group Use & Special Use Permits on Open Space

Information related to special or large group usage of a Parks and Open Space property

Oversize/Overweight Vehicle Permit

Permit is needed to operate or move a vehicle (or a combination of vehicles) of a size, weight, or load exceeding the maximum specified in the Colorado Vehicle Code

Picnic & Park Shelter Reservations

Reserve a park shelter located on an open space property

Special Events Permits (Roads)

Permit is required whenever an event uses a road in unincorporated Boulder County

Utility Construction Permit

When right-of-way is needed to modify, install, or otherwise change water, sewer, electric, gas, telecommunications, and cable television services

Can't find what you are looking for? Try looking in Licenses.

 ‭(Hidden)‬ Scripts