The Boulder County Consortium of Cities provides an organizational structure to promote interaction and communication among local governments for the benefit of the organizations and their residents.
Wednesday, Dec. 4
At the October 2019 meeting, the Consortium heard two discussion items:
- The Boulder County Area Agency on Aging (AAA) will lead a presentation on its recently completed report, Aging in Boulder County: Past, Present, Future. The report outlines key takeaways on the needs and strengths of Boulder County’s older adults, and was prepared to support the AAA’s development of a 2020 Age Well Strategic Plan. This planning effort began in 2018 and is being conducted through a framework based on Boulder County’s induction into AARP’s Network of Age-Friendly Communities. This designation means our community’s leadership is committed to actively working to make our county a great place for people of all ages.
- The City of Louisville and the Town of Superior will lead a discussion regarding Rocky Mountain Metropolitan Airport, and the steps these communities are taking to address noise and other operational issues that are impacting their residents.
- Call to Order and Introductions
- DISCUSSION: Aging in Boulder County: Past, Present, Future
- DISCUSSION: Community response to Rocky Mountain Metro Airport operational issues
- City/Town Reports (time permitting)