Census is underway!
The deadline to respond has been extended to August 14, 2020 due to Covid-19.
Most households should have received their invitation to respond, to make it easier, you can respond online, by visiting 2020census.gov
- Use your Census ID number from the invitation letter or if you do not have a Census ID, you can use your address instead
- Gather all information for each person in your household before responding
- Allow enough time to respond and complete the form – approximately 10 minutes
To complete the census by phone: 844-330-2020 (English) or 844-468-2020 (Spanish). For other languages please visit: https://2020census.gov/en/ways-to-respond/responding-by-phone.html
The United States Census counts every resident in the United States every 10 years. April 1, 2020 is the Official Census Day, but you can complete the census online beginning March 12. Participating in the Census is very important for Boulder County. Please help us make sure Everyone Counts in Boulder County by completing the Census!
- General flyer in English and Spanish
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Board of County Commissioners Proclamation (adopted March 10)
A complete count of our community is important to many programs and services such as Medicaid, Section 8 housing vouchers, federal Pell Grants, childcare assistance, Head Start, and many more. In addition, it impacts voting districts and defines the number of congressional representatives each state gets.