Boulder County Public Health (BCPH) Environmental Health Division shall protect, promote, and enhance the health and well-being of the public and the environment by:
- Assessing and mitigating environmental health risks.
- Providing educational opportunities.
- Creating partnerships with the community.
- Collaborating with other agencies.
The Environmental Health team will strive for excellence and will demonstrate:
We will promote staff professionalism through knowledge, accountability, and integrity.
We will collaborate, communicate, and coordinate to achieve our mission.
We will be in the forefront of providing guidance, resources, and progressive problem solving to serve the public and to reduce environmental health risks.
We will demonstrate respect by recognizing diversity, encouraging honesty, being courteous, and honoring confidentiality.
- Personal & Professional Development
We will support personal and professional growth by promoting self and shared responsibility, training, and recognition.
While addressing our identified Mission and working within our value system, we will:
- Provide high quality professional services using risk-based public health and environmental health principles.
- Use comprehensive program planning which assesses needs, targets risks, secures resources, evaluates output, and attains goals.
- Research and promote the best available technologies and methodologies for improving public and environmental health.