The mission of the Victim/Witness Assistance Program is to ensure that victims of crime are treated with fairness, respect, and dignity, by providing comprehensive assistance and services to them throughout the criminal justice process in an effort to lessen the impact of crime on them and to support the prosecution in successfully seeking justice in criminal cases.
District Attorney Victim/Witness Specialists
- Offer information, intervention, and community referrals to victims and witnesses in cases where a perpetrator has been identified and charges have been filed
- Act as link between the victim and DA, ensuring that the DA is informed about the wishes of the victim for the outcome of the case and the impact of the crime on the victim
- Ensure that the victim is aware of the DA’s plans regarding the direction of the case
- Provide notification and preparation of victims and witnesses who have been subpoenaed for court appearances
- Accompany victims and witnesses to court when needed
The District Attorney’s Office also administers the Victim Compensation Program for Boulder County, awarding financial assistance to victims of violent crimes for various expenses, and the Restitution Program which reimburses victims for other losses.
VALE (Victim Assistance and Law Enforcement) Grant Information
Si usted es una victima de un crimen violento y necesita información en Español, la oficina del Fiscal de Boulder tiene especialistas que hablan Español. Por favor llamen al 303-441-3700 y pregunta por alguien en servicios de victima.