Unaffiliated Voter? Watch this!
Now, we realize this educational video may be a bit confusing if you didn’t see the first one we produced. Check that one out here on our YouTube channel and tell us what you think!
- May 29 (THIS DEADLINE HAS PASSED):
- If registered with a political party, last day to change party change party affiliation if you want to switch parties
- If registered as an unaffiliated (sometimes referred to as “independent” voter), last day to update your registration with a party preference IF you know which party’s primary you want to vote in. Otherwise, you will receive both major party ballots in the mail (Democratic and Republican) BUT may only vote and return one.
- June 4: Ballots mailed to registered voters this week
- June 4: 22-day Colorado residency deadline
- June 4: In-person voting available at the Boulder office of the Clerk & Recorder
- June 18: Last day to request a replacement mail ballot or register to vote and be sent a ballot in the mail
- June 18: Voter Service Centers open
- June 26: Election Day, ballots must be received by 7pm
What’s new in 2018?
- Unaffiliated voters are eligible to participate in the Primary Election; Active voters will automatically receive their ballot(s) in the mail
- Unaffiliated voters who have not indicated a party ballot preference (deadline was May 29) will receive both a Democratic Party ballot and a Republican Party ballot in the mail in one ballot packet. Voters should select, vote, and return only one ballot.
For more information, see Unaffiliated Voters FAQ.
- See our Primary Candidate List for the state and local races for both the Democratic and Republican ballots.
- Ballot Drop-off and Voting Locations
- Primary Ballot Return Data
- 2018 Primary Election Activities Schedule— This schedule outlines election related events before, during, and after Election Day.
- Pre-Election Logic & Accuracy (LAT) Test Reports — These reports and related documents outline the testing procedures completed prior to conducting an election.
- Official Notice of Election — As required by state law, this official notice of election was published on May 27, 2018 6 in both the Daily Camera and Longmont Times-Call.