Single-Stream Recycling – Curbside
All these recyclable materials are combined in one recycling bin.
- Cardboard boxes (please flatten)
- Brown paper bags
- Newspaper: includes newspaper and inserts only
- Office paper/opened mail: includes adding machine tape, blueprints, brochures/pamphlets, computer printouts, FAX paper, file folders (manila or pastel-colored only), greeting cards, index cards, letterhead, loose-leaf paper, memos & sticky notes (pastel-colored, no fluorescent colors), legal pad paper (pastel-colored), slick/glossy ads & brochures, stationery & letters, white and pastel-colored paper & envelopes.
- Paperboard: includes cereal/cracker boxes (throw away inside bag), gift/shirt boxes, hanging file folders, paper egg cartons, paper tubes (e.g. paper towel tubes), shoe boxes, six-pack and 12-pack cartons/boxes, soap/facial tissue boxes.
- Phone books
- Aluminum – do not crush or flatten cans, ball clean foil to 2 inches or larger (no flat or small balled up foil, please)
- Glass bottles & jars – please rinse, labels are okay, remove and recycle metal lids/caps, avoid breaking glass
- Steel/tin cans – please rinse, pinch the open end of cans slightly, labels are okay
- Empty aerosol cans
- Plastic #1-7 bottles, jugs, tubs and screw top jars – includes milk jugs, soda bottles, shampoo bottles, etc. Empty all liquids and rinse. Plastic caps (small, round caps) can be replaced onto empty plastic bottles and jugs for recycling. Plastic lids (thin, flat) from tubs and jars are not recyclable. Please remove lids and throw them away. Metal caps and lids can be recycled loose; do not reattach to bottle.
- Paper milk/soy cartons/drink boxes – please rinse. Do not flatten.
Keep ‘Em Out
These items are by far the worst recycling contaminants we see come across our conveyor belts at the Boulder County Recycling Center. Please help make single-stream recycling a success by keeping these materials out of the recycling bins.
- NO Materials in plastic bags
- NO Plastic bags
- NO Shredded paper
- NO Scrap metal
- NO Hazardous Waste
- NO Diapers or bio-hazardous waste
- NO Plastics other than those specified (NO Styrofoam, plastic cups)
- NO Flattened plastic, metal or paper milk/juice carton containers
- NO Caps or lids on GLASS bottles or jars
- NO Liquids
- NO Ceramics or non-recyclable glass (like drinking glasses, light bulbs)
- NO Frozen food boxes