Boulder County encourages employees to use alternative transportation as part of their daily commutes and when attending meetings or events. We provide employment benefits that include discounted rates to free services, depending on employment status (part-time, temporary, full-time). Alternative transportation benefits include:
- Free EcoPass: Unlimited service on any scheduled RTD route, including light rail and the circulator buses in Boulder for all employees who receive benefits.
- RTD Transit Passes: Subsidized ride coupon books and passes for employees who do not receive fulltime benefits.
- Free Boulder B-Cycle membership: Access to a large fleet of red bicycles for quick, 1-way bike trips around town, especially to complete the last mile of a commute. (Membership also works in the Denver B-Cycle system.)
- eGo Car Share discounts: Waived application fee and no monthly fee for first 6 months for car sharing service.
- Vanpool subsidy- $70/month toward membership fees for employees who commute with a van rideshare program through Way to Go (within Denver Metro Area/RTD service area) or VanGo (in north Boulder County, as well as Weld and Larimer Counties).
- Carpool Preferred Parking– Select county buildings have designated parking spaces to reward employees who carpool.