Grant Program Description
In November 2016, voters approved the Sustainability Tax ballot initiative, to allocate a portion of sales and use tax revenue to fund sustainability infrastructure and programs. The Sustainability Tax includes grant funding to cities and towns. Boulder County’s Environmental Sustainability Matching Grant Program provides an opportunity for municipalities in the county to undertake environmental sustainability priorities within their communities. In addition, the Grant Program will enhance collaborative efforts and leverage resources across our county for a more regional approach to environmental sustainability. For information on Boulder County’s commitment to environmental sustainability, please review the county’s Environmental Sustainability Plan.
- Be sure to read the full Request for Funding (RFF) for all the details and requirements.
- Download and complete the Application Summary Form.
- Download and complete the Project Details Form.
- If you are only proposing a project or set of projects under one category, you only need to submit one Project Details Form. Category is defined as: Climate, Ecological Health, Energy & Buildings, Local Food & Agriculture, Transportation, Water Conservation, Zero Waste, Sustainability Planning, and Commercial Sector Sustainability. If you are proposing projects under multiple categories, complete a Project Form for each category.
- Navigate to the online form below to enter the information you drafted on your Application Summary Form (copy/paste into the form).
- Attach each Project Details Form to the online Application Summary Form.
- You cannot save and return to the online Application Summary Form – be sure you are prepared to submit your materials when you get to this step.
- Submit no later than Monday, Oct. 7 at 5 p.m. (THIS APPLICATION PERIOD IS NOW CLOSED)
If you have any issues completing the forms, please contact Grant Program Manager Lea Yancey (720-564-2723) as soon as possible.