Regulation of onsite wastewater is done at the local level. Boulder County Public Health (BCPH) regulations govern all OWS in Boulder County. These regulations incorporate the guidelines established by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE); however, they are more stringent in some areas.
- Boulder County Regulations
- Colorado Regulations
- CDPHE Regulation Clarification
- OWTS Act
- Colorado Revised Statutes
Licensed OWS Professionals
- SepticSmart: Licensed Professionals
- Onsite Wastewater Systems: Engineers, Installers, Cleaners, & Inspectors
Please Note: This information is intended to provide a better understanding of the functions of onsite wastewater treatment and the need for proper design, installation, and maintenance. Always consult a licensed professional or public health official with questions regarding engineering, installation, and servicing of onsite wastewater systems.