Due to COVID-19 concerns Board of County Commissioner meetings are being held virtually
Tuesday, Dec. 1, 2020 at 4 p.m. – Public Hearing for the Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) to receive public testimony on the proposed oil and gas regulations. Public testimony only; no action will be taken by BOCC.
Registration is required for the public to attend and/or speak at the Tuesday, Dec. 1 Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) virtual Public Hearing for Docket DC-19-0002 on the proposed Land Use Code amendments addressing oil and gas development, seismic testing, and companion changes to the Land Use Code. Staff will present the proposed regulations and the BOCC will receive public testimony during a virtual public hearing beginning at 4 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 1.
No action will be taken by the BOCC on Dec. 1. The BOCC will reconvene on Thursday, Dec. 3 at 4 p.m. for discussion and either adoption of the regulations or direction to staff to modify the regulations. (No additional public testimony will be taken on Dec. 3.)
Attendees may join the virtual public hearing online or via telephone.
- What: Board of County Commissioners virtual Public Hearing for Docket DC-19-0002: Amendments Related to Article 12 of the Land Use Code
- When: 4 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 1, 2020
- Where: Virtual hearing, see registration information below to attend online or via telephone
Registration procedures:Register to attend or speak at the hearing
Time allotments for speakers on Dec. 1 will be:
- Individual speakers will receive 2 minutes to make their comments
- Two people pooling their time will have 4 minutes total* (*designated speaker for the pool will speak)
- Three people pooling their time will have 6 minutes total*
- Four or more people pooling their time will have 8 minutes total*
Note: All individuals donating/pooling time will need to be present at the virtual hearing when the designated pool speaker for the pool is called.
How Advance Registration Works
Online speaker registrations are automatically time stamped at time of sign-up. Those time stamps will determine the order in which speakers will be called to address the board.
The speaker order and estimated times will be available on the county's oil and gas webpage after 12 p.m. on Nov. 30.
Note: Speaking times are estimates only and are subject to change. For example, if a speaker is not present, the chair will call on the next speaker on the list, even if it is earlier than his or her estimated speaking time. If a speaker is not present when their name is called, the chair will offer that speaker another chance to speak later in the hearing. However, it is the speaker’s responsibility to monitor the progress of the meeting and be present when his or her name is called.
Screen sharing of PowerPoints or photos will not be available for public use during the hearing. Members of the public may provide materials to staff for review by the BOCC ahead of the public hearing for review.
Questions and Comments
- Written comments or materials for the Board of County Commissioners may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have questions about the hearing or your participation as an attendee or speaker, please email email@example.com. (Note: this email address is only for assistance with logging in and/or attending the public hearing)
Draft Regulations and Related Information
- DC-19-0002 Board of County Commissioners Staff Report for Dec. 1, 2020
- DC-19-0002 Planning Commission Staff Report for Nov. 9, 2020
- Staff presentation for Planning Commission, Nov. 9, 2020
- 3rd draft of the updated oil and gas regulations, Nov. 23, 2020
- 2nd draft of the updated oil and gas regulations and summary, Oct. 20, 2020
- 1st draft of the updated oil and gas regulations and summary, March 6, 2020
Boulder County’s update process will include public comment and hearings before the Boulder County Planning Commission and the Board of County Commissioners. Planning Commission held a Public Hearing on November 9 and a Public Meeting on November 10, at which they approved and recommended approval of DC-19-0002 to the Board of County Commissioners. The schedule for public review of the updated oil and gas regulations is as follows (note: all meetings are open to the public and will be held virtually):
- Now through Nov. 20, 2020* – County staff participates in Colorado Oil & Gas Conservation Commission (COGCC) “Mission Change” Rulemaking Process (200-600 Series and 800-1200 Series). (*On Oct. 13, COGCC revised their schedule again, extending the rulemaking proceedings through Nov. 20).
- Monday, Nov. 9 at 4 p.m. – Planning Commission held a Public Hearing to receive public testimony on the proposed oil and gas regulations.
- Tuesday, Nov. 10 at 4 p.m. – Planning Commission held a Public Meeting for discussion and recommendation approval of the docket to the Board of County Commissioners.
- Tuesday, Dec. 1, 2020 at 4 p.m. – Public Hearing for the Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) to receive public testimony on the proposed oil and gas regulations. Public testimony only; no action will be taken by BOCC.
- Thursday, Dec. 3, 2020 at 4 p.m. – Public Meeting for BOCC discussion. Adoption of regulations or direction to staff to modify regulations. No additional public testimony will be taken.
- (If necessary) Thursday, Dec. 10 at 4 p.m. – BOCC public proceedings continued, if needed.
- (If necessary) Tuesday, Dec. 15 at 4 p.m. – BOCC public proceedings continued, if needed.
Start dateDecember 1, 2020 4:00 pmEnd dateDecember 1, 2020 9:00 pmCalendarCommunity Planning & Permitting, Home Page, Planning CommissionGoogle Calendar
Get Feed for iCal (Google Calendar). This is for subscribing to the events in the Calendar. Add this URL to either iCal (Mac) or Google Calendar, or any other calendar that supports iCal Feed.
OrganizersBoard of County Commissioners, Community Planning & PermittingPhone303-441-3500 (Board of County Commissioners)
303-441-3930 (Community Planning & Permitting)Emailcommissioners@bouldercounty.org (Board of County Commissioners)
firstname.lastname@example.org (Community Planning & Permitting)WebsiteCommunity Planning & Permitting Department (Community Planning & Permitting)