Child Care Provider COVID-19 Information
If you have COVID-related questions, please contact us at HealthECECOVID@bouldercounty.org.
Boulder County Public Health masking recommendations for child care providers:
COVID-19 prevention strategies remain critical to protect people, including children and staff, who are not fully vaccinated.
- Unvaccinated individuals ages 2+ should wear a mask when indoors. In general, people do not need to wear masks outdoors unless physical distancing between persons of different households cannot be maintained.
- Allow individuals to remove their masks only with proof of full vaccination
- When one or more children are unvaccinated, adults in the room should wear a mask as modeling behavior.
Other prevention and mitigation strategies:
- BCPH recommends that child care providers familiarize themselves with, and implement the CDC COVID-19 Guidance for Operating Early Care and Education/Child Care Programs whenever possible.
Child care provider case reporting:
- Child care providers should report suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19 to BCPH by completing the case report form and emailing the completed form to HealthECECOVID@bouldercounty.org.
Guidance for ill staff/children:
BCPH strongly recommends that child care providers continue to follow regular illness policies, as well as the following.