Now that the virus is actively spreading in the community, it is vital to practice appropriate wellness and hygiene activities, and maintain proper distancing between yourself and others.
Maintain at least six feet between yourself and others. Six feet is about the length of a bicycle of pair of snow skis.
Continue to Take Everyday Wellness Actions
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, us an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing.
- Avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Get an annual flu vaccine if you have not had one.
Practice Good Hygiene
- Practicing not touching your face. This can greatly reduce the frequency of potential spread. (You can even try a buddy system, where you and a friend remind each other when someone scratches their eyelid or rubs their nose.)
- Replace handshakes with elbow-bumps.
- Build healthy habits like pushing elevator buttons with a knuckle instead of a fingertip.
- Avoid sharing anything, such as e-cigarettes, drinks, etc.
- Increase regular cleaning of frequently-touched items (e.g. doorknobs, faucet handles, etc.)
- Use a cleaning product effective for COVID-19
Gather a Few Extra Supplies
- Try to get an extra months’ worth of prescription medications, if possible, in case there are supply chain disruptions.
- Slowly start to stock up on enough non-perishable food to last your household through two weeks of staying at home if there is a wave of transmission in the community.
Take Care of Your Emotional Health
The outbreak of COVID-19 can be stressful for people. Fear and anxiety can be powerful emotions. Coping with these feelings and getting help when you need it will help you, your family, and your community recover.
Residents can call CO-Help at 303-389-1687 or 1-877-462-2911 or email them at COHELP@RMPDC.org to get more information and ask general questions about COVID-19. Information is available in many languages including English, Spanish, Mandarin, and more.