Boulder County Current Status
This dial includes five levels, from least to most restrictive. Details for each level outline specific metrics and how many people can participate in various activities at one time. Currently Boulder County is at Level 2: Concern.
Visit the CDPHE COVID-19 Dial page for more information on the dial metrics, levels and capacity limits, and FAQs
View the full state COVID-19 Dial Dashboard to the ratings for Boulder County and other counties in Colorado.
The 5 Levels
- Protect Our Neighbors: Local public health agencies are able to contain surges in cases and outbreaks through testing, case investigation, contact tracing, isolation, quarantine, site-specific closures, and enforcement of public health orders.
- Safer at Home 1- Cautious: This is less restrictive than Safer at Home Level 2, for counties with low virus transmission but that have not yet achieved Protect Our Neighbors.
- Safer at Home 2 – Concern: The baseline. While we are all still safer at home, we are also able to practice greater social distancing in our great outdoors than in confined indoor spaces.
- Safer at Home 3 – High Risk: This is more restrictive than Safer at Home Level 2, for counties experiencing increases in the metrics. Action is needed, but Stay at Home may not be warranted.
- Stay at Home: Everyone is required to stay at home except for grocery shopping, exercise and necessary activities. Only critical businesses are open.
Metrics that Define the Levels
- New cases: How much the virus is circulating in a county.
- Percent positivity: Whether there is sufficient COVID-19 testing to capture the level of virus transmission.
- Impact on hospitalizations: Whether hospitalizations are increasing, stable, or declining
Current Boulder County Metrics for the Dial Framework
|Criteria||Boulder County Metric
|New cases per 100,000 residents in the past two weeks||442.6|
|5-day % positivity||5.6 %|
|Stable or declining hospitalizations||8 days declining or stable|
|Anticipated future transmission risk factors||None|
|Progress towards Protect Our Neighbors||6 metrics met, 2 partially met|
Current Boulder County Metrics School District Framework for Planning
|Criteria||Boulder County Metric (through 09/20)
|New cases per 100,000 residents in the past two weeks
|Trend in case numbers per 100,000 in the past two weeks||279.5 % more cases|
|14-day % positivity||3.5%|
Download the BVSD and SVVSD Framework for School Actions — Sept. 22
Guidelines & Restrictions for the Different Levels