Boulder County is currently under the statewide Safer at Home and in the Vast, Great Outdoors Order. Visit the Safer at Home website for details about the requirements of the order. A summary of guidance for each business sector is also available for download.
Requirements for Residents
- Stay home as much as possible, leaving only for a limited number of specific activities.
- When going out, follow physical distancing requirements (6 feet of space between yourself and others) and wear a face covering.
- Vulnerable people at high risk of severe illness from COVID-19 should only leave home for medical care and essential activities.
- People who have COVID-19 symptoms must isolate unless they have a negative test result. Self-isolating when you are ill is the best course of action until more testing is available.
- Only essential travel in- or out-of-state is permitted.
- Sick people must not go to work.
Guidance for Events & Recreation
- Indoor Events — Receptions, concerts, indoor markets, theaters, & more
- Outdoor Events — Outdoor receptions, fairs, concerts, rodeos, & others
- Children’s day camps & youth sports camps — Day camps, including mobile & outdoor camps, must operate with restrictions and strong precautionary measures
- Personal Recreation — including pools, indoor gyms, organized sports, & more
- Outdoor Recreation — for participants, outdoor guides, tours, & more
- Places of Worship & Life-Rite Ceremonies — including weddings & funerals
Guidance by Business Sector
Additional details can be seen in the Seventh Amended Public Health Order: Safer at Home and In the Vast, Great Outdoors
- Best Practices for All Businesses
- Field Services and Real Estate For more information, see Appendix B of the Public Health Order
- Grocery Store Guidance
- Hospitality & Short-term Rentals
- Limited Healthcare Settings For more information, see Appendix E of the Public Health Order.
- Critical Manufacturing: Follow state guidance found within the Public Health Order for Critical Businesses. Critical Businesses must comply with social distancing requirements.
- Non-critical Manufacturing For more information, see Appendix H of the Public Health Order.
- Office-based Business For more information, see Appendix C of the Public Health Order
- Personal Services For more information, see Appendix D of the Public Health Order
- Personal Services Regulated by the Department of Regulatory Affairs
- Restaurants & Food Services or more information, see Appendix I of the Public Health Order
- Retail For more information, see Appendix A of the Public Health Order
Boulder County Guidance & Tools
Cleaning, PPE, & Illness
- ADA Guidance about Employee Health Information
- COVID-19 PPE Guidance & Resources
- Wearing Masks and Cloth Facial Coverings
- Cleaning and Quarantining Retail Products
- Household, Workplace, and Vehicle Cleaning
- Symptom Screening
Child Care & Camps
- Guidance for Children’s Day Camps & Youth Sports Camps
- Guidance for Early Care & Education Program
- Cleaning & Disinfecting
- Talking with Children about COVID-19
- Talking with Parents about COVID-19
- Signs & Posters for Child Care Centers
- Special Event Guidance
- Life Rites & Places of Worship
- Graduation Ceremony Guidance
- Colorado Department of Education Graduation Guidance
- Restaurant Recovery Programs by Municipality within Boulder County
- Curbside Delivery
- Executive Order D 2020 011 — Allowing for Delivery and Takeout of Sealed Alcoholic Beverages
- Colorado Liquor Enforcement Division Rules: On-premise Retailed Licensees and Breweries Able to Sell, Deliver or Provide Alcohol for Takeout
- State Guidance for Personal Services – includes beauty services, body art, personal training, pet care, massage, & other
- DORA guidance for Salons, Spas, and Sole Practitioners of Personal Services
- Additional Guidance for Massage Therapists for Personal Services & Limited Healthcare Settings
- Best Practices for All Businesses
- General Business Guidance for Safer-at-Home
- COVID-19 Outbreak Guidance for Business
- Sample Face Covering Script for Business
- Updated 06/08— Social Distancing Space Calculator for Business (Excel file)
- Business Webinars for Industry Groups
Rights & Responsibilities in the Workplace
- Returning to Work Under Recent Public Health Orders
- State Guidance to Employers/Businesses Regarding Employee Protections & Reasonable Accommodations Including Masks Due to COVID-19
- Face Covering Requirements for the Public
- Face Covering Requirements for the Public in Spanish
- Face Covering Requirements for Employees
- Face Covering Requirements for Employees in Spanish
- Construction worksite safety
- Construction worksite safety – Spanish
- Restaurants – Spanish
- General Best Practices
- General Best Practices – Spanish
- Mask Usage Sign for Businesses