COVID-19 Vaccine Availability & Prioritization
- Boulder County Public Health statement on state directive to use 2nd dose COVID-19 vaccine as 1st dose
Colorado will continue to receive a limited supply of the first available vaccines from both Pfizer and Moderna. The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) has oversight of the distribution of all COVID-19 vaccine to local communities.
- Focus on hospital and outpatient healthcare workers, and residents and staff of skill nursing facilities, long-term care facilities, and assisted living facilities.
- Residents and staff of care facilities will be vaccinated through the Pharmacy Partnership for the Long-term Care Program.
This Phase focuses on moderate-risk healthcare workers, first responders, other frontline workers, and those aged 70 years or older.
- First responders: This phase is complete. Any first responder still needing a vaccine should contact their employer.
- Moderate-risk healthcare providers: The signup for this phase is complete. Please complete the notification sign-up and select “healthcare provider.”
- All others: Vaccination locations and availability for all other community members who fit in Phase 1B, including older adults, will be announced via social media and local news. There is no list but residents may sign up to be notified when vaccine is available for their group.
Phases II and III
COVID-19 vaccine will be made available:
- From pharmacies through a federal contract with 12 national pharmacy chains
- Regular health care provider offices
There is no list or required sign-up to receive the vaccine for non-healthcare workers. When and where to get the vaccine will be widely advertised when it is available to residents who fit in Phases II or III and residents may sign up to be notified when vaccine is available for their group.