IMPORTANT SNAP UPDATE: Due to the continuing partial federal government shutdown, the United States Department of Agriculture and the State of Colorado have decided to release February SNAP benefits early to most of our customers.
All SNAP participants :
- You will be able to use your EBT card to purchase food as long as you have benefits on your card.
- Plan food purchases carefully throughout January and February so your food needs are met through the partial government shutdown.
- SNAP benefits will not be issued again until March, if funds are available from the federal government.
- We do not have any further information about March SNAP benefits at this time.
- If you need more food resources during the partial government shutdown, we encourage you to reach
out to your local food banks or community agencies in your area.
- To find these resources in your area, please contact:
- Colorado 211: 844-493-8255 or visit https://211colorado.communityos.org/cms/home
- Hunger Free Colorado: 855-855-4626
- Colorado Benefits Center: 855-871-2696
When the shutdown ends, SNAP benefits will go back to normal. If you received an additional Food Assistance (SNAP) payment on your EBT card from January 16-20. This is not an additional payment for January. These are your February SNAP benefits.
- The early payment of February SNAP is meant to help with next month’s food.
- No SNAP benefits will be added in the month of February.
If you did not receive a Food Assistance (SNAP) payment on your EBT card from January 16-20.
New Client : New clients should enroll in benefits as soon as possible to meet the current federal deadline of January 30th, 4:00 pm.