Located at 518 Coffman Street in Longmont, this proposed affordable housing development will provide permanently affordable housing as part of a vibrant, mixed-use building that will include parking for Boulder County residents and employees as well as commercial/office space. The development proposal includes 50 to 80 units of permanently affordable housing, approximately 10,000 square feet of office space, and a parking garage. The housing, office space, and parking garage will be located on a Boulder County-owned lot that is currently used as a surface parking lot for Boulder County employees working at the recently-completed St. Vrain Community Hub.
The Boulder County Housing Authority (BCHA) has been working in partnership with Boulder County and the City of Longmont around the county-owned property and the adjacent City of Longmont-owned property to explore development of the parcel. BCHA believes a mixed-use building to serve workforce and affordable housing needs along with commercial and office space and employee parking provides an opportunity to continue to enrich and invigorate downtown Longmont.
The project is in its preliminary design phase and BCHA envisions the following building program:
- 50 to 80 units of affordable housing
- Units would be affordable to those earning at or below 60% of Area Median Income (AMI)
- Approximately 10,000 square feet of commercial and office space to be occupied by Boulder County, potentially including a small social-enterprise café
- 150 to 200 parking garage spaces to serve Boulder County employees and residents
- Parking spaces may become available to the public during off-peak working hours
In all of our housing communities, BCHA strives to welcome a range of residents, promote our clients’ path to self-sufficiency, achieve social, economic, environmental sustainability and connect our clients to critical and vital services. The Coffman Street development provides an excellent opportunity to provide affordable housing in proximity to the newly-completed St. Vrain Community Hub, Longmont’s vibrant Main Street, local and regional transportation, and access to employment opportunities.