The County Attorney represents the People of the State of Colorado in mental health proceedings and in substance abuse treatment commitments, as required by state statutes.
Alcohol/Drug Abuse Cases
Mental Health Cases
- If the party for whom you are requesting the petition (also known as the respondent) is not currently present in or residing in Boulder County, you will need to contact the jurisdiction they are in.
- Our petition office hours are Tuesday and Thursday afternoons. If you need assistance sooner, please contact the self-help center at the Boulder Justice Center:
Boulder Justice Center
1777 Sixth Street
Boulder, CO 80302
Hours: Monday 8:30 – 12:00
Tuesday 8:30 – 11:30, 1:45 – 4:30
Wednesday 9:30 – 4:30
Thursday 8:30 – 4:30
Friday 8:30 – 4:30
- If it is an emergency, please call 911 or contact your local law enforcement agency.
- Boulder County Communications (answer calls for Unincorporated Boulder County, Eldorado Springs, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Lyons, Jamestown, Nederland, Niwot, Superior and Ward) -303-441-4444
- Boulder Police Department- 303-441-3333
- Longmont Communications-303-651-8501
- Most questions can be answered in this Frequently Asked Questions Document.
- If you have questions that are not answered in this FAQ, we encourage you to fill out the petition form linked below, and our office will set a time on Tuesday or Thursday afternoons to meet with you.
Once you’ve had a chance to review the above information you can move forward with filling out the Mental Health Petition Form for our office. Once we receive the form someone from our office will reach out to set-up a time for an attorney to meet with you.
For additional information contact: