Boulder County ABCD Partnership
Helping all Boulder County children thrive
“If intervention is instituted before kindergarten entrance, many problems can be prevented and the large majority can be ameliorated. The earlier the referral the better.”
– Pediatrics in Review Vol. 33 No. 10 October 2012
Who We Are
The Boulder County Assuring Better Child Health and Development (ABCD) Partnership is a multi-disciplinary group of partners dedicated to improving the early childhood system in Boulder County. Members represent an array of agencies that offer early childhood services, or support early childhood professionals.
The ABCD Partnership aims to build partnerships and collaborate to promote and support the developmental screening process for young children in Boulder County.
- Focus on high risk populations
- Emphasize whole-child development, including social emotional development
- Build upon existing programs; support local community collaboration
- Utilize and promote evidence-based, best practice approaches
- Remember that families are at the center of everything we do
- Partnership Organizations
- Early Intervention at Imagine!
- Boulder County Public Health
- Mental Health Partners/Kid Connects
- Early Childhood Council of Boulder County
- Local pediatricians
- Therapeutic Learning Center
- Colorado ABCD (Assuring Better Child Health & Development)
Parent Resources for Child Development
Family Referral Letter
- How Children Can Cope with Emotions
- Positive Solutions for Families
- Social Emotional Skills
- Concerned about Your Child’s Development?
Handouts by Age Ranges
- Frequently Asked Questions About Boulder County ABCD
- Talking to Parents
- Hard Conversations – What do I say?
- Family Referral Letter
- Early Intervention Referral Form
- ABCD Referral Toolkit (printable set of all documents)
Handouts for Parents
Please note that there are resources that you can distribute to families in the Parent Resource tab on this page.