Licensing regulations for child care facilities in Boulder County are determined by the State of Colorado. Please call 303-413-7502 if you have any questions.
- Rules & Regulations Governing the Health & Sanitation of Child Care Facilities
- Retail Food Regulations
- Rules Regulating Child Care Centers
- Quality Rating Information System
Child Care Health Consultants
A child care health consultant is a trained professional who works with child care professionals to recognize and promote the health and safety of children, families, and child care providers.
According to State of Colorado Regulations (page 37), some animals are prohibited in child care facilities because they pose health risks.
Live Poultry Can Cause Illness
Among other animals, live poultry are prohibited in child care facilities because they can cause serious infections.
- Adult birds
This regulations pertains to
- The premises of facilities caring only for children under the age of five
- Classrooms with children kindergarten age or younger or communal areas that these children use in facilities that also care for children over the age of five.
Because infections from these animals spread via fecal-oral transmission (hand
to mouth behaviors), use of these animals in other classrooms where older
children engage in frequent hand to mouth behaviors is discouraged.