Child care providers, health care providers, and employers each have an important and unique role in helping mothers and babies to successfully breastfeed.
Become a leader in breastfeeding support by taking advantage of training opportunities to further your knowledge. Ensure that you and your staff are up-to-date on breastfeeding by learning about local, in person education opportunities, online trainings, webinars and videos or sign up to receive breastfeeding news through email.
- Northern Colorado Fall 2017 Breastfeeding Conference
- New Perspectives on Trauma, Maternal Mental Health, & Breastfeeding
Healthy Children’s Center for Breastfeeding
View calendar for upcoming trainings
Stay Up-to-Date on the Latest Breastfeeding News
- Breastfeeding Updates from Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment
- Mother’s Milk Bank Information for Providers
- Carolina Global Breastfeeding Institute Newsletter
- United States Breastfeeding Committee News & Info
Webinars, Online Trainings, & Videos
Online trainings can be a useful way to learn without having to travel to a training location.
- CDC-USBC Bi-Monthly Coalitions Webinars
The CDC Division of Nutrition and Physical Activity and the United States Breastfeeding Committee co-host this series webinars. They bring together state/territorial/tribal breastfeeding coalitions to share best practices and news, to network and collaborate.
- “Power Tools for Coalitions”
The United States Breastfeeding Committee hosts this series of webinars as part of its training, technical assistance, and capacity building support for the network of breastfeeding coalitions across the United States.
- Collective Impact
The United States Breastfeeding Committee offers a forum to coordinate opportunities for collaboration and change. Their new Strategic Framework puts into practice the principles of collaboration and specifically, collective impact.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The United States Breastfeeding Committee hosts this series of bi-monthly webinars as part of its efforts to “create and model a culture of inclusion, diversity & equity.”
- Stanford Medicine Newborn Nursery
Learn how to assist breastfeeding mothers who are having difficulty with breastfeeding. This video offers simple tips for effective assistance with latching on.
- EVERY MOTHER, INC. trainings
Every Mother trainings focus on combining the science with practical strategies that are doable in the “real world,” and use a variety of learning styles to enhance learning.
- Breastfeeding Grand Rounds
This annual webcast is sponsored by the School of Public Health in partnership with the New York State Department of Health Bureau of Supplemental Food Programs.
- Optimizing Support for Breastfeeding as Part of Obstetric Practice
This webinar seeks to reach obstetricians and gynecologists, midwives, other obstetric providers, lactation consultants, nurses, and staff in New York State to review these recommendations and their role in supporting women to meet their breastfeeding goals.