If you think you are pregnant, it is very important to get a test as early as possible. GENESIS will provide free, confidential pregnancy tests to Boulder County teens who think they might be pregnant.
Pregnancy symptoms include, but are not limited to:
- Light, irregular, or no menstrual cycle;
- Nausea (can experience this in the morning or throughout the day and evening);
- Unexplained weight gain;
- Breast tenderness;
- Fatigue/tiredness/lack of energy;
- More frequent need to urinate.
You may experience some, all, or none of these symptoms. The most definite way to find out if you are pregnant is to take a pregnancy test. Most pregnancy tests are sensitive enough to determine whether you are pregnant within 10 days of conception (when you think you might have gotten pregnant), but experts agree that it is best to wait until your period is at least 5-10 days late before taking a test.
However, some women continue to have regular periods even though they are pregnant. So if you suspect you might be, it is a good idea to get a test.
Places to Get a Confidential Pregnancy Test
- Boulder office: 303-413-7529;
- Longmont office: 303-678-6155;
- Planned Parenthood:
- Boulder office: 303-447-1040;
- Longmont office: 303-772-3600;
- Women’s Health: 303-442-5160;
- People’s Clinic: 303-449-6050;
- Clinica Campesina: 303-665-9310;
- Salud Clinic: 303-485-8261;
- Mountain Family Health Center: 303-258-3206;
- Or, if you prefer, you can purchase a pregnancy test at a pharmacy or the grocery store.