The Boulder County Area Agency on Aging (BCAAA) provides leadership and advocacy on issues affecting older adults and family and informal caregivers. As a part of the Federal Aging Network, we are mandated by the Older Americans Act to advocate for those we serve. While we are mandated to advocate, our staff and network of partners, volunteers, and allies are passionate supporters of policies and legislation that support healthy aging. The BCAAA is also guided by the Board of County Commissioners Legislative Priorities and assisted by Policy & Legislative Affairs and Legislative Affairs staff.
For decades, the BCAAA has been collecting and analyzing data about the strengths and needs of older adults in Boulder County. See our data here. Understanding the challenges and opportunities of the county’s aging population is critical for elected officials, city leadership, service providers, non-profits, faith communities, and neighborhoods alike, if we are to successfully create communities in which we can all age well. We share this data with lawmakers, decision makers, partner agencies, businesses, academics, and others to help advocate for older adults and their family and informal caregivers through the following channels:
Member of the National Association of Area Agencies on Aging (n4a)
- They have policy priorities and send out advocacy alerts.
- They also offer an annual legislative training and Hill visits, which AAA staff attend.
The Board of County Commissioners’ legislative staff also tracks federal legislation and has federal legislative priorities.
Find Your Representative – U.S. House of Representatives
Contacting U.S. Senators – U.S. Senate
Member of the Colorado Association of Area Agencies on Aging (c4a):
- Network of 16 AAA’s across the state
- Grassroots advocacy efforts
Member of the Colorado Senior Lobby:
- Tracks legislation impacting older adults
- Coordinates annual Older Adult Day at the Capitol
- Meets every Monday during the legislative session 9:30-11:30 a.m.
Find My Legislator – Colorado General Assembly
- Boulder County Elected Officials
- Aging Advisory Council (AAC) Public Policy/Advocacy Committee – open to members from the public. Contact: Lindsay Parsons
- City of Longmont elected officials
- City of Boulder elected officials
- City of Lafayette elected officials
- City of Louisville elected officials
- LGBTQ+ Advocacy
Aging Well in Boulder County Newsletter Archive:
To receive program information and more directly to your email inbox each month, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.