Eating well is vital for health, longevity, and quality of life. Getting the right nutrients and fresh, quality food is an important component in preventing and managing chronic diseases that older adults may experience. Older adults can access good food through senior lunch programs, Meals on Wheels and other organizations, such as Community Food Share. Our nutrition program provides education, counseling and support to older adults and their caregivers to assist in them with their healthy living goals.
Diabetes Support Group
We facilitate a diabetes support group located at the Lafayette Senior Center which convenes on the first Monday of the month (schedule can change) from 11-12 pm. We welcome any Boulder County resident over 60 as well as caregivers. Please call 303-441-4995 for more information.
We partner with Boulder Nutrition and Exercise to offer two nutrition counseling sessions per year to older adults who are over 60. A nutrition counseling session is a way for older adults to get individual attention to their nutrition needs. Sessions can be conducted over the phone or in Boulder. There is no cost for this service, but donations are welcome. For more information or to set up an appointment, call 303-678-6115 and leave your contact information.
We coordinate and provide nutrition education for older adults, family caregivers, and service providers, such as home care agencies. Education presentations are conducted at senior centers and other community locations. Call 303-441-4995 for more information.
Community Partnerships & Engagement
- We fund, create menus, and provide regulatory oversight for the Louisville, Nederland and Allenspark senior meal programs.
- We coordinate the Boulder County Senior Food Security Collective to address food security among older adults in Boulder County. This group is comprised of nutrition providers throughout the county.
- We are also a member of the Colorado Association of Nutrition Services Directors and the National Association of Nutrition Service Providers.
- We assist meal providers in menu planning and catering for therapeutic diets (upon request).
- We share nutritional guidance and available resources with community groups.
If you have any questions and would like to know more about our Nutrition Programs, please contact Teresa DeAnni, Healthy Aging Programs Manager at 303-441-4995 or email@example.com.