Help Make Lafayette a Place Where Young People Thrive
Lafayette, Colorado is participating in a process called Communities that Care (CTC). This process helps communities prevent problems before they develop.
The Communities that Care Model Works
Many communities see dramatic reductions in levels of youth alcohol and tobacco use, crime, and violence.
Participating communities have seen more of their youth:
- Graduate from high school on time
- Do better economically
- Have better mental health in their 20s
- Have fewer sexually transmitted diseases
- Have fewer teen pregnancies
Photo Voice Project
Residents of Lafayette, between 12 and 25 years old are invited to share their voice through photos. Every participant will be entered to win a $50 Visa gift card and be invited to a viewing of all photos in June. Review the Photo Voice Project rules and submit your photos.
Lafayette Communities That Care would like to better understand the Lafayette community to improve things for young people and adults. Share your thoughts by completing a confidential survey:
Information provided in the survey is voluntary and confidential and will be combined with other people’s information so that you are not identified.
This project cannot be successful without the help of the community. Community Board members include a diverse group of parents, youth, community organizations, school staff, and business owners.
Members are people from Lafayette who know the neighborhood and who have a commitment to make things even better for our youth.
Community Board Members
- Attend an orientation
- Attend regular meetings (minimal time required monthly)
- Share your ideas and listen to the ideas of other board members
- Participate in a work group
- Commit to a minimum of 1 year. Of course, we hope you’ll stay longer!
No experience is necessary. Meetings will include workshops about prevention science and a trained facilitator will guide the board through the Communities That Care process.
Community Board meetings will include free food and childcare.
- Angevine Middle School
- Boulder Valley School District
- BVSD – Parent & Family Engagement
- Centaurus High School
- Chief of Police, Lafayette
- Confluence SBC
- Cornerstone Church of Boulder Valley
- Eats and Sweets
- Empowerment Center of East County
- Boulder County Head Start
- I Have a Dream Foundation
- Lafayette City Council
- Mayor of Lafayette
- Mental Health Partners
- Ryan Elementary
- Sister Carmen Community Center
- Thorne Nature Experience