To achieve this overarching vision, the organization and staff follow some specific guiding values:
Boulder County’s Guiding Values:
- We are a caring county government that values and respects diversity and builds on the strengths of individual employees, the organization, and the community.
- We are a safe, healthy and environmentally responsible county. Our stewardship honors our past and sustains and improves the quality of life for present and future generations.
- We value and provide opportunities for citizens to actively participate in partnerships that enhance and enrich government services.
- We are motivated, progressive and visionary. We continually challenge ourselves to improve services by being innovative, collaborative and creative.
- We are valued and well trained. We use our experience, knowledge and a team approach to provide excellent service with openness, responsiveness, efficiency and accountability.
- We work with passion, integrity and a positive attitude, in a supportive, fun environment. We are proud of our accomplishments and celebrate the achievements of our goals.
**NOTE: The Guiding Values are in process of an update as of Summer 2017. Updated Values should be posted in Fall 2017**
In addition to the values listed above, there are specific areas in which the Boulder County organization takes special care in supporting. Boulder County Commissioners, along with other elected officials and leadership in the organization have made it clear through the passing of multiple resolutions that Boulder County is an open, welcoming, and inclusive community.
Major values and some resources connected with them are listed below.
Environmental Protection & Sustainability
Boulder County expends effort into conserving our precious natural resources and promote healthy lifestyles. Residents can learn how to adopt sustainable ways of living by recycling, composting, and commuting in ways that protect our air, land, and water, or learn how to defend yourself and your family against environmental health risks.
Immigrant Supports & Services
All community members are welcome in all county buildings. Services are available for both documented or undocumented people unless funding is federally restricted. Residents are encouraged to visit our offices and talk with staff members to determine which services will provide the best support. Boulder County has also compiled a list of resources which may be useful to all immigrants.
Boulder County has a long history of supporting LGBTQ members of the community including being the first county to administer same-sex marriage licenses, to providing day-to-day support for all LGBTQ residence from youth to seniors.
- Issuing Same Sex Marriage Licenses
- LGBTQ Resources
Regular doctor visits and healthcare coverage or important pieces to living a healthy, productive lifestyle so Boulder County works to make sure all residents are covered. Boulder County provides a wide variety of support services for finding the right healthcare coverage for each person.