The Energy Impact Offset (EIOF) steering committee will play the important role of making informed decisions related to the management and disbursement of the Marijuana Energy Impact Offset Fund. The goal of this committee is to work collaboratively and make recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners on the best uses of the offset fund monies to make meaningful impacts across Boulder County. At the direction of the Commissioners, the committee will also help develop policy and action recommendations for making Boulder County marijuana cultivation facilities as energy productive as possible.
The Energy Impact Offset Fund (EIOF) Steering Committee will meet every other month on the second Wednesday.
September 11 from 5:30-7:30pm in the Auditorium at 3450 North Broadway. Please ring the doorbell if you arrive after the meeting has started.
Membership is comprised of the following:
- Two at-large members
- One representative from a Boulder County Environmental Organization
- Two representatives from licensed Boulder County Marijuana Cultivation Facilities
- One ad-hoc member from the Marijuana Licensing Authority
The committee members will be responsible for the following:
- Following the steering committee bylaws
- Meeting in person every other month (location and time TBD)
- Developing criteria by which the committee will select offset projects
- Bringing valuable knowledge on and researching and clarifying impacts of potential energy efficiency and renewable energy projects to consider as ‘offset projects’
- Frequently communicating with the staff liaison
- Presenting recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners and rationale for these recommendations.