Applications for the 2019 season will be accepted starting Jan. 28, 2019.
First-year Corpsmembers will be chosen based on their application, letter of reference, interview, availability, applicable experience, willingness to follow rules and interest in being part of a team.
Returning Corpsmembers who are eligible for re-hire and submit an application by the deadline will receive preference in the hiring process.
Work Days & Times
- Corpsmembers work 30 hours per week; Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. with a half-hour unpaid lunch
- Corpsmembers will be required to constantly perform manual labor in varying weather conditions; they will frequently walk over uneven terrain; and, they may be asked to carry up to 40 pounds alone or with a teammate up to 100 feet anywhere from occasionally up to 2/3 or more of the time.
- To maintain employment, Corpsmembers may miss no more than 4 days, except for verified medical reasons or family emergencies. Plan vacations around the holiday break.
- 2017 Calendar
Corpsmembers will be placed on teams that meet in or near their hometowns. For example, an applicant from Lafayette will be placed on a team that meets in Lafayette or Louisville.
Employees will be paid using direct deposit. Open a checking or savings account if needed.
- $10.20/hour for 1st-Year Corpsmembers
- $10.45/hour for 2nd & 3rd-Year Corpsmembers
- $10.70/hour for 4th-Year Corpsmembers
- $100 bonus possible for successful completion
Social Security Number
All employees must have a Social Security number before they begin work. File for a number now if you do not have one because it can be a lengthy process! More information is available from the Social Security Administration.