Now Accepting Applications
Apply to work for the Boulder County Youth Corps! Now accepting applications for youth corpsmember positions.
The strict application deadline is March 30 at 4:30 p.m. Late applications are not accepted.
If you have never worked for the Youth Corps before, your application is not complete until we receive one letter of reference from an adult who knows you who is not a family or household member. Ask a teacher, counselor, coach, clergy member, youth group leader, neighbor, family friend, etc.
PLAN AHEAD! Do not wait until the last minute to ask someone to write a letter, and please be mindful of Spring Break and the deadline.
Reference letters can be submitted using the Corpsmember Letter of Reference Form or attached to your application.
Check to see if we have received your application. Please allow one week for us to process your application. Verify Your Application.
Applicants who have never worked for us before will be given a brief interview on either Saturday, April 28 or May 5. You will be notified by mail in mid-April of the exact date, time and location of your interview. We have a limited number of other interview slots so please call 303-678-6104 to reschedule if only absolutely necessary.
|Boulder Area Applicants
Boulder, Jamestown, Nederland, and Ward
|Saturday April 28
Boulder County Courthouse East Wing
2025 14th St., Boulder
|Longmont Area Applicants
Hygiene, Longmont, Lyons, and Niwot
|Saturday April 28 & May 5
Parks & Open Space Building
5201 St Vrain Road, Longmont
|East County Applicants
Erie, Lafayette, Louisville, and Superior
|Saturday April 28
775 W Baseline Road, Lafayette
First-year Corpsmembers will be chosen based on their application, letter of reference, interview, availability, applicable experience, willingness to follow rules and interest in being part of a team.
Chosen applicants will be notified by May 14. Due to the large volume of applicants, we cannot offer feedback to those not chosen, but encourage you to apply again in the future. Returning Corpsmembers who are eligible for re-hire and submit an application by the deadline will receive preference in the hiring process.
Work Days & Times
- Mandatory orientation and training on Monday, June 11
- Work begins June 12 and continues for 8 weeks until August 1
- Corpsmembers work 30 hours per week; Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. with a half-hour unpaid lunch
- Corpsmembers will be required to constantly perform manual labor in varying weather conditions; they will frequently walk over uneven terrain; and, they may be asked to carry up to 40 pounds alone or with a teammate up to 100 feet anywhere from occasionally up to 2/3 or more of the time.
- To maintain employment, Corpsmembers may miss no more than 4 days, except for verified medical reasons or family emergencies. Plan vacations around the holiday break (July 4-8).
Corpsmembers will be placed on teams that meet in or near their hometowns. For example, an applicant from Lafayette will be placed on a team that meets in Lafayette or Louisville.
Employees will be paid using direct deposit. Open a checking or savings account if needed.
- $10.20/hour for 1st-Year Corpsmembers
- $10.45/hour for 2nd & 3rd-Year Corpsmembers
- $10.70/hour for 4th-Year Corpsmembers
- $100 bonus possible for successful completion
Social Security Number
All employees must have a Social Security number before they begin work. File for a number now if you do not have one because it can be a lengthy process! More information is available from the Social Security Administration.