August 15, 2018
August 20 Open House to Kickoff Comprehensive Plan Public Health Element addition
Open House in Longmont scheduled for Monday, August 20, starting at 6 p.m.
Boulder County, Colo. - Boulder County is seeking public input to shape the Boulder County Comprehensive Plan (BCCP) related to public health. An open house on August 20 will kick-off the public process and provide an opportunity for public input and feedback on how to bolster existing strategies in the BCCP that support health, as well as identify new ways to improve health.
Join us to share your ideas about how best to manage Boulder County lands to support your health.
When: 6-8 p.m., Monday, August 20, 2018
Where: St. Vrain Community Hub, 515 Coffman St., Longmont
Light refreshments will be served. Spanish interpretation available.
The BCCP is the County’s primary policy document to guide land use decisions in the community. Adding a chapter focused on public health will be a new addition to the BCCP and reflects Boulder County’s commitment to health for all.
Some ideas we’ve heard so far include making sure:
- Healthcare is easy to access, especially in rural areas.
- Mental health services are easy to access.
- Public transportation is available in rural and mountain communities.
- Green, open spaces are accessible to everyone to promote positive mental and physical health.
- Marijuana and alcohol sales are not near places where youth gather.
- Zoning allows for and protects affordable housing.
- Drinking water is palatable and safe.
For more information, or to share your ideas or comments online, visit http://bit.ly/bccp-18-0003