August 25, 2020
Boulder County Area Agency on Aging seeking Request for Proposals for services
The RFP will be released and available for completion beginning Sept. 23 and will close on Oct. 30.
Boulder County, Colo. - Boulder County Area Agency on Aging (BCAAA) is seeking proposals from qualified organizations interested in contracting with BCAAA to provide the services to older adults and family and informal caregivers. The RFP was delayed for six months due to the direct response to the pandemic.
Up to $330,000 in Older Americans Act & State Funds for Older Adult Services will be awarded to organizations that provide the following services or programs from Jan. 1 to June 30, 2021, in the following categories:
- Assistive Technology Education: Services related to assistive technology promotion, provision, and education geared at teaching older adults and family and informal caregivers about how to use technology.
- Caregiver Respite: Services which offer temporary, substitute supports or living arrangements for care recipients in order to provide a brief period of relief or rest for family and informal caregivers.
- Chores: Chore services are those services designed to increase the safety of older adults living at home.
- Legal Assistance: Legal advice, counseling, and representation provided by an attorney or other person acting under the supervision of an attorney.
- Mental Health Counseling: Counseling is the provision of advice or support to assist older adults or their family or informal caregivers to address issues, concerns, or make decisions.
- Transportation: Transportation is travel to or from one location to another in a vehicle.
- Transportation – Assisted: Assistance and transportation, including escort, to a person who has difficulty (physical or cognitive) using regular vehicular transportation.
- Services to assist older adults who are blind or visually impaired: Screening, education, material aid, or other services that support older adults with visual impairment age safely in their community of choice.
The official Request for Proposal will be released and available for completion beginning on Wednesday, Sept. 23, 2020 and will close on Oct. 30, 2020. To access the official RFP, please visit www.bidnetdirect.com/colorado or https://bouldercountyaaa.oaa-sys.com/rfp/public/.
An optional pre-proposal meeting will be held on Wednesday, Sept. 30, 2020, from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. The meeting will take place via a webinar using the GoToWebinar platform. Register for the pre-proposal meeting.
The mission of the Boulder County Area Agency on Aging is to deliver, fund, and advocate for services that promote well-being, independence, and dignity for older adults, people living with disabilities, family and informal caregivers, and veterans in Boulder County.
Questions about the bidding process will need to be directed to email@example.com. More information about the BCAAA can be directed to Carlene Okiyama at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-441-1598.