March 16, 2020
Mircalla Wozniak, Communications Specialist, 303.413.7766
Boulder County Clerk & Recorder (Motor Vehicle, Recording, Elections) urges use of online services, restrictions to in-person service due to COVID-19
Most services are available online. Call if in doubt.
(Boulder County, Colo.) -- As a follow-up to an earlier Boulder County press release announcing limited access to building and in-person services in an effort to help reduce the rate of COVID-19 transmission, the Boulder County Clerk & Recorder's office is urging residents to use online services and will be restricting in-person services to only transactions that cannot be done online, over the phone, or by email.
While we have staff shortages due to school closures, we will be staffing our phone lines and email and do our best to respond in a timely fashion. Our normal hours of operation will be in effect: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (subject to change).
- Most services are available online including: vehicle registration / tag renewals (even when expired or in the grace month), duplicate registration or title requests, address changes, disability parking, and more.
- If you are in doubt or have any issue renewing online, call our office: 303-413-7710. There may be ways staff can help or ways to complete a transaction over email.
- We will remain open to service only the transactions that must be conducted in-person, such as:
- Private party sales (person to person vehicle sales). Before coming in, please review the required documents list online and call first to verify you have all the necessary paperwork.
- Vehicle Title name / ownership changes. Please call first to verify all necessary paperwork.
- Special Mobile Machinery (SMM) registration
- Call first for all other services: 303-413-7710
- No services in Longmont/Lafayette.
- Boulder office will only issue marriage licenses as our in-person service.
- All other recording services, such as recording a document, searching records, etc. will be handled over the phone and by email. Call our office for assistance: 303-413-7770.
- No in-person visits without calling first. Please call our office for assistance with voter registration and election-related needs: 303-413-7740. Petition collections - please call us to arrange a visit.