May 29, 2020
Mircalla Wozniak, Communications Specialist, 303.413.7766
Boulder County Clerk & Recorder to resume select in-person services on June 1
Appointments required for Motor Vehicle services. Many services available remotely.
Boulder County, Colo. – In a recent press release, Boulder County announced that some in-person services will resume on Monday, June 1. This reopening, part of the County’s Forward Together Safely process, will be accompanied by new health and safety guidelines to protect against COVID-19.
As part of this process, the Clerk and Recorder’s office will resume in-person services on June 1 for services that cannot be handled remotely (online, by email, or over the phone). This only includes Motor Vehicle and Elections services that need to be completed in-person. Recording services will stay remote for the time being. Appointments required for Motor Vehicle and recommended for Elections.
To protect the health of the public and our staff, the number of people in the building at one time will be limited. Staff and members of the public over the age of 12 will be required to wear face coverings (masks will be provided for those who do not have one). In addition, we have installed Plexiglas barriers at work stations that interface with the public, staggered seating for the public, and have instituted enhanced cleaning schedules.
Our normal hours of operation will be in effect: 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Appointments will only be available for services that cannot be completed online or by mail. These typically include:
- New titles, out-of-State titles, title concerns
- Private party sales
- First-time registrations that could not be completed online or by mail
- Most other services can be completed online or by mail. Before calling for an appointment, please check to see if your service can be completed online at mydmv.colorado.gov. You can also check our website for more information: www.bouldercounty.org/motorvehicle
- Call us between 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. to schedule an appointment (303-413-7710) or for assistance with completing a transaction online. We can also be reached at email@example.com.
- All services (including marriage licenses) will continue to be handled remotely in order to help limit the number of people in the building at one time.
- Visit our website for instructions for accessing services online: www.bouldercounty.org/records/recording/
- If you need assistance, our staff are available to help via email or phone. Contact us at 303-413-7770 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please visit our website www.BoulderCountyVotes.org or call our office before visiting: 303-413-7740. Most election-related needs can be handled remotely without the need for an office visit.
- Appointments are encouraged for select needs. More information on our website: www.BoulderCountyVotes.org
For updates related to the novel corona virus (COVID-19), go to www.BoCo.org/COVID-19.