June 18, 2018
Vivienne Jannatpour, (303) 678-6277
Boulder County Parks & Open Space hosts Barnyard Critter Day, Sunday, June 24
Agricultural Heritage Center, Longmont, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Boulder County, Colo. - Boulder County Parks & Open Space will host a free event, Barnyard Critter Day, on Sunday, June 24, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Agricultural Heritage Center in Longmont.
Barnyard Critter Day features:
- Horse-drawn wagon rides
- Sheep herding with border collies
- Birds of Prey Foundation with live raptors (10 a.m. - 1 p.m.)
- Volunteer naturalists with wildlife mounts, beekeeping, and wool spinning
- Boulder County mounted law enforcement
- Resident pigs, draft horses, minis, sheep, goats, and chickens.
- Food will be available for purchase from a local food truck (11 a.m. - 1 p.m.)
- And many more activities!
The Agricultural Heritage Center provides a glimpse into the history of agriculture in Boulder County. The site focuses on the years 1900 to 1925 when local families prospered as farmers and witnessed the coming of the Modern Age.
Site highlights include two restored barns, interactive museum exhibits in the red barn, 1909 farmhouse furnished with items from the 1910s, heirloom garden filled with varieties commonly grown in the early 1900s, outhouse, blacksmith shop, and old farm machinery.
When: Sunday, June 24 from 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
Where: Agricultural Heritage Center, 8348 Highway 66, Longmont
Contact: Jim Drew, 303-776-8688 or firstname.lastname@example.org
No pets, please.