May 2, 2019
County Commissioners declare May “Older Americans Month” in Boulder County
Older Americans Month 2019: Connect, Create, Contribute
Boulder County, Colo. - As part of a nationwide declaration, the Boulder County Commissioners have designated May “Older Americans Month,” in a proclamation signed Thursday, May 2. Boulder County is home to more than 65,000 older adults (60 and over) who enrich and strengthen our community. By 2050, Boulder County will be home to more than 115,000 older adults.
Since 1963, communities across the country have celebrated Older Americans Month each May. The theme of this year’s celebration is Connect, Create, Contribute, encouraging older adults and their communities to:
- Connect with friends, family, and services that support participation
- Create by engaging in activities that promote learning, healthy, and personal enrichment
- Contribute time, talent, and life experience to benefit others
The Boulder County Area Agency on Aging (AAA), a division of the Boulder County Community Services Department, funds and provides services year-round to older adults and family caregivers. The AAA encourages everyone to recognize how older adults are engaging and inspiring others during Older Americans Month and throughout the year. You can stay connected with the AAA about upcoming events, interesting information, and resources in several ways:
- Read more about AAA Services.
- Follow the Boulder County AAA on Facebook.
- Sign up for Aging Well in Boulder County e-newsletter.
- Volunteer with the Boulder County AAA!
- Call the Aging Disability and Resources for Colorado (ADRC) for information and resource referral at 303-441-1617.
- Sign up for the Care Connections e-newsletter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Register for the Caregiving Symposium on May 22.
- Read more about the Boulder County AAA Caregiver Programs.
- Sign up for the Rainbow Elders e-newsletter.
- Follow Rainbow Elders on Facebook.
- Follow Project Visibility on Facebook.
- Connect with our Veterans Services Officers for assistance with submitting claims for benefits to the Department of Veterans Affairs for disability compensation, pension, medical benefits, burial benefits, death pension, insurance, education, home loans, records requests, and more.