September 6, 2018
Events scheduled for Boulder County’s Falls Prevention Week, Sept. 18 – 22
Learn how you can reduce your risk of falling during Boulder County’s Falls Prevention Week, Sept. 18 – 22
Boulder County, Colo. - Here in the U.S., falls can be a common problem for senior adults:
- Every second an older adult falls
- Every 11 seconds an older adult is treated in the emergency room for a fall
- Every 19 minutes an senior adult dies from a fall
- Many older adults limit physical and social activities due to a fear of falling which can lead to an increased risk of falling
However, falls are not a normal part of aging. The good news is that many falls are preventable. Learn how you can reduce your risk of falling during Boulder County’s Fall Prevention Week, Sept. 18 – 22.
- What: Falls Prevention Week
- When: 40+ events throughout the week, Sept. 17 – 21
- Where: Locations around the county. See the schedule of events or visit www.BoulderCountyHealthyAging.org
This annual event, coordinated by the Boulder County Area Agency on Aging, is held in conjunction with the National Falls Awareness Campaign. It is the result of a partnership with multiple organizations in the area that serve older adults. This year more than 40 activities are being offered without charge at 16 different locations throughout the county.
There will be a wide range of activities available. Maybe you’d like to try a T’ai Chi class or perhaps you’d like to know more about how Urological Conditions can contribute to falls.