March 2, 2018
More than 100 individuals exit the homeless services system through new countywide programs
Results from both Boulder and Longmont
Boulder County, Colo. - On Oct. 1, 2017, Boulder County, the City of Boulder, and the City of Longmont launched a new countywide system of services to help adults experiencing homelessness access housing and services, with a focus on permanent housing solutions. This system includes the Bridge House Path to Home Navigation (PTHN) program, which serves individuals in the City of Boulder, and Boulder Shelter for the Homeless Housing-Focused Shelter (HFS) Program, which serves clients from across the county.
Early Program Results:
During the first four months of the program (Oct. 1, 2017-Jan. 31, 2018), 104 people have successfully exited from these two programs within
the City of Boulder.
In addition, 25 people have successfully exited from navigation services in the City of Longmont, resulting in 129 exits countywide from the new homeless services system.
Boulder Shelter for the Homeless HFS Program
- 21 people housed
Bridge House PTHN Program
- 83 people housed or returned to a support system:
o 21 housed
o 13 moved into the Bridge House Ready to Work program, which provides employment training opportunities and transitional housing
o 1 entered substance use treatment
o 2 reunified with family members in Boulder
o 46 reunified with support systems outside Boulder
Longmont Navigation Services through OUR Center and Hope for Longmont
- 25 people housed or returned to a support system:
- 10 housed
- 7 reunified with support systems outside Boulder County
- 8 referred to longer-term support programs such as Agape Safe Haven
HFS generally works with higher need people with more housing barriers, and housing placements are expected to happen more quickly in navigation programs. HFS and PTHN began Oct. 1, and Longmont navigation programs began Nov. 1.
The new adult homeless services system is part of the City of Boulder Homelessness Strategy, and a countywide partnership with Boulder County, the City of Longmont and community partners. It includes:
- A coordinated entry system, where people seeking services are assessed and matched with the right program according to their needs;
- Housing-Focused Shelter at Boulder Shelter for the Homeless for longer-term services;
- Navigation Services through Bridge House Path to Home program (PTHN) for shorter-term services; and
- Navigation Services in the City of Longmont through OUR Center and HOPE for Longmont.