June 30, 2020
Vivienne Jannatpour, (303) 678-6277
New 2020 Eldorado Canyon State Park weekend shuttle begins July 3
Free shuttles run every 15 minutes
Boulder County, Colo. - Beginning on Friday, July 3, Boulder County and Colorado Parks & Wildlife will offer a new shuttle bus service on weekends and holidays this summer and fall to carry passengers from Boulder to Eldorado Canyon State Park, which is a popular hiking, sightseeing, and climbing destination south of Boulder. The shuttle will help address increased parking and traffic congestion-related impacts in Eldorado Springs and within the state park.
The shuttle service will begin Friday, July 3, 2020, and will run Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays until Monday, Sept. 7. Holidays with shuttle service include Friday, July 3 and Monday, Sept. 7. The shuttle will run approximately every 15 minutes from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. each day of service.
The shuttle route includes the following stops:
- Regent Drive & Broadway
- Broadway & 27th Way
- Broadway & Dartmouth Avenue
- Broadway & Table Mesa Drive
- CO 93 & CO 170
- Eldorado Canyon State Park entrance station
- Eldorado Canyon State Park Visitor Center
View or download a map of the route and stops:
State Parks Pass
As a special promotion for the first couple weekends of the shuttle service, Boulder County is covering the the Eldorado Canyon State Park entry fee for shuttle passengers who do not have an annual pass. After Colorado Parks & Wildlife makes individual day passes available for purchase online, all shuttle passengers will be required to present a valid state parks pass to ride the shuttle into the state park.
- All shuttles and shuttle stops are ADA accessible.
- The Eldo Shuttle provides access to the Fowler Trail, a wheelchair accessible trail.
Outdoor Gear and Pets
- Crashpads and other climbing gear are welcome.
- Leashed, well-behaved dogs are welcome.
- Each shuttle has a bike rack that can hold two bikes.
To reduce the spread of COVID-19, the following policies have been implemented:
- If you have recently experienced any symptoms of COVID-19, including fever, cough, or sore throat, please do not ride the shuttle.
- All passengers ages 12 & older are required to wear a mask or face covering. Please bring your own mask.
- To promote social distancing, shuttle capacity is limited to nine passengers or three households, whichever is less.
- On the shuttle, please sit in the sections labeled and leave at least one row of seats between groups.
- Shuttles are disinfected once per day, and high touch surfaces are wiped down after each trip.
Take the Bus to the Shuttle
Rather than driving directly to the state park or one of the shuttle parking lots, visitors are encouraged to take the RTD SKIP, DASH, Flatiron Flyer or any other RTD bus route that stops along Broadway to connect to the Eldo Shuttle.
Parking is extremely limited inside Eldorado Canyon State Park, and there is no public parking nearby outside of the park. When parking inside the state park is full, you will be not be allowed in. Don’t chance it-park at one of the shuttle lots and ride the shuttle instead! Illegal parking could result in fines and/or towed vehicles.
Climbing is a popular activity at Eldorado Canyon State Park south of Boulder.