November 9, 2015
Andrew Barth, 303-441-1032
New Express Bus Service between Boulder, Longmont, Loveland and Fort Collins starts in January
Informational public meetings start Nov. 12
Boulder County, Colo. - The Colorado Front Range will soon be more connected than ever when new express bus service (FLEX) between Boulder and Fort Collins begins Monday, Jan. 18, 2016.
Transfort, the City of Fort Collins’ transit department, will be operating the year-round Monday through Friday service. The new branch of the FLEX route is made possible by a grant from the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) received by Boulder County. The proposed route and tentative schedule is available at: www.ridetransfort.com/FLEX
“Boulder County is pleased to continue this partnership with Transfort to expand connectivity in the Front Range through this innovative collaboration,” said George Gerstle, Boulder County Transportation Director. “The addition of FLEX routes between Boulder and Fort Collins increases the number of efficient transportation options available to the public and helps to reduce congestion in key corridors.”
Transit service has been a top request of commuters travelling between the universities and other destinations within the communities. Potential riders include University of Colorado Boulder (CU) and Colorado State University (CSU) faculty, staff, and students, and community members needing public transit for work, appointments and pleasure.
FLEX Express Service Highlights
- Express trips between Boulder, Longmont, Loveland and Fort Collins, with limited stops, allowing a travel time that is comparable to auto drive times.
- $1.25 one-way fare, 60 cents for seniors and disabled, Transfort passes and RTD EcoPasses and RTD CollegePass accepted.
- CSU faculty, staff and students ride free with their university ID cards.
- Free WiFi - work while you commute.
- Weekday service during peak commuting times.
- Transfort technology provides real –time bus arrival information.
- Riders traveling between Fort Collins, Loveland and Longmont, will have additional times available to them as well.
- Current FLEX routes will not be impacted other than minor schedule shifts.
A ceremony celebrating the start of service will occur on Thursday, Jan. 21, 2016; event details will be announced in late December.
Route Information Available at Public Meetings
For more information about the service, attend one of the upcoming public meetings, or visit: www.ridetransfort.com/FLEX
- Thursday, Nov. 12, 4:30-6 p.m.:Transfort’s South Transit Center, 4915 Fossil Blvd., Fort Collins
- Wednesday, Dec. 9, 6 - 8 p.m.: Envision Longmont Meeting, Longmont Library, 409 4th Ave, Longmont, CO 80501
- Thursday, Dec. 10, 5:30 – 7 p.m.: City of Boulder Transit Open House, Boulder County Courthouse East Wing, 2025 14th Street, Boulder, CO 80302
Transfort is the City of Fort Collins public transportation provider. Transfort offers friendly, safe, convenient bus service in Fort Collins and beyond. MAX, Dial-A-Ride, FLEX and the Green and Gold routes are all services of Transfort. The system was named “Large Transit System of the Year” at the 2013 and 2014 Colorado Association of Transit Agencies (CASTA)/Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) Fall Transit Conference and Expo. www.ridetransfort.com