October 12, 2020
Office of Financial Management to present 2021 Recommended Budget to Boulder County Commissioners – Tuesday, Oct. 13
Members of the public are invited to watch (virtually) the Budget Director's presentation at 1 p.m. on Oct. 13 using Microsoft Teams.
A public hearing on the recommended budget will be held Oct. 27 after a two-week public comment period.
(Boulder County, Colo.) -- The Budget Director will present a recommended budget for the calendar year 2021 to the Board of County Commissioners at a virtual public meeting using Microsoft Teams (link) on Tuesday, Oct. 13 at 1 p.m. (Click to download Teams.)
The 2021 Recommended Budget is a baseline budget prepared by the Office of Financial Management (OFM) to serve as a starting point for the Board of County Commissioners to consider as part of their statutory responsibility to set a balanced budget by Dec. 15 for the upcoming year.
The budget presentation will include a review of county funds and a description of expenditures the OFM has recommended for inclusion in the 2021 Boulder County Budget. It will also include preliminary forecasted revenue figures for 2021, many of which will be updated throughout the fall as more detailed projections become available.
A copy of the 2021 Recommended Budget will be posted on the budget webpage after it is presented to the Board of County Commissioners on Oct. 13. A public hearing is scheduled for 3 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 27, for members of the public to comment on the proposed 2021 Recommended Budget.*
Additional budget requests, priorities, and adjustments to the 2021 Recommended Budget will be considered by the Board of County Commissioners at their annual budget work session on Tuesday, Nov. 10. The final budget is scheduled to be adopted by the county commissioners on Tuesday, Dec. 8.
Budget Meeting and Hearing Descriptions:
- PAST: Thursday, Sept. 10, 1 p.m. – County Administrator and Capital Budget Presentations (CEF, CAP) (Public meeting – no public testimony) (See Public invited to participate in the formation of the 2021 Boulder County Budget for the initial announcement)
- PAST: Tuesday, Oct. 13, 1 p.m. – 2021 Recommended Budget Presentation by the Budget Director (Public meeting – no public testimony). Link to Microsoft Teams meeting: www.boco.org/BOCC-2021BudgetMeeting
- Tuesday, Oct. 27, 3 p.m. – 2021 Recommended Budget: Public Hearing (Public testimony will be taken and BOCC will take action on 2021 Employee Benefits at this hearing). Link to Microsoft Teams meeting www.boco.org/BudgetHearing:
- Tuesday, Nov. 10, 2 p.m. – Budget Work Session (Public meeting – no public testimony)
- Tuesday, Dec. 8, 2 p.m. – 2021 Budget Adoption (Public meeting – no public testimony)
- Note: All proposed budgetary figures are subject to change up until final adoption. Please see www.boco.org/Budget for updates.
* Public comments may be submitted from Oct. 13-27 using the 2021 Recommended Budget Public Comment Form; or by mail to: Boulder County Commissioners’ Office, P.O. Box 471, Boulder, CO 80306.