February 14, 2019
Online Registration Available to Sign-Up in Advance to Speak at the March 14 Gross Reservoir Public Hearing
Commissioners to accept public testimony on Thursday, March 14 on Land Use Director’s determination that the Gross Reservoir Dam Expansion project is subject to “1041" review
(Boulder County, Colo.) -- A public hearing is scheduled for Thursday, March 14 at 4:30 p.m. in the Commissioners’ Hearing Room to consider Denver Water’s appeal of the Boulder County Land Use Director’s decision that the Gross Reservoir Expansion Project is not exempt from the county’s Areas and Activities of State Interest (1041) Review.
Advance online sign-ups for anyone wishing to speak at the hearing is available (as of noon on Thursday, Feb. 14) at http://bit.ly/GrossDamExpansion.
- What: Board of County Commissioners’ Public Hearing to determine whether the Boulder County Land Use Director erred in his decision that the proposed Gross Reservoir Expansion Project is subject to 1041 (local government) review
- When: Thursday, March 14 beginning at 4:30 p.m. (meeting details)
- Where: Boulder County Courthouse, 1325 Pearl St., Third Floor, Boulder (map)
Hearing Details: This is a Public Hearing for the Board of County Commissioners. The public hearing will focus on the limited scope of the determination and is not a hearing or decision on the perceived impacts or merits of the reservoir expansion project.
Online Speaker Sign-Up is Now Available:
The online sign-up forms for individual and pooled-time speakers are now available at http://bit.ly/GrossDamExpansion.
- Speakers will be organized in the order their online entry is received. The list of assigned speaking times will be posted one week in advance of the public hearing at http://bit.ly/GrossDamExpansion.
- Assigned time slots are approximate and speakers must be present when they are called to speak. Limit 3 min. per speaker. Pooled time is also available up to 10 minutes.*
- Anyone who misses their appointed speaking time will be added to the end of the list.
- The public testimony part of the hearing is expected to begin at 5:15 p.m.(following remarks by the Boulder County Land Use Director and Denver Water). Speaking times will be assigned in order of online sign-ups, so if you know you will be late to the meeting, you may want to wait a day or two to request a spot.
- In-person sign-ups will be taken on the day of the hearing starting at 3:30 p.m. (one hour in advance of the hearing start), and will be placed at the end of the speaker list following online sign-ups.
- Those wishing to sign up for pooled time will need to include the names and addresses for anyone donating time to the pool.
- 3 minutes for 1 person (individual speaker)
- 6 minutes for 2 people pooling (pooled time speaker plus one additional listed)
- 9 minutes for 3 people pooling (pooled time speaker plus two additional listed)
- 10 minutes for 4 people pooling (pooled time speaker plus three additional listed)
Other Ways to Comment
In-Person Speaker Sign-ups: Members of the public will be able to speak at the hearing whether or not they have signed up online in advance of the hearing. In-person speaker sign-ups will be taken beginning one-hour in advance of the hearing start time and will include individual speakers and pooled-time speakers. The county commissioners will continue to take public testimony until all speakers have had an opportunity to comment.
Written comments may be submitted at any time through the online Gross Reservoir 1041 Review Determination Comment Form or mailed to the Boulder County Commissioners’ Office, P.O. Box 471, Boulder, CO 80306. Comments received by noon on Tuesday, March 12, will be considered by the Board of County Commissioners prior to the March 14 public hearing.
For additional meeting details, see:
- Boulder County to hear Denver Water’s appeal of county review of Gross Reservoir Dam Expansion Project
Email or Text Updates on the Gross Reservoir Expansion Project
- To receive notices from Denver Water about the Gross Reservoir Expansion project, look for the “Sign Up for Email Updates” option at the bottom of the "About the Project" page on their Gross Reservoir website.
- Boulder County also has an email or text sign up list to receive county-related hearing and meeting announcements concerning the proposed dam expansion project. You can unsubscribe at any time. Additional information is available on the Boulder County website at: bit.ly/GrossDamExpansion.