April 2, 2019
Andrew Barth, 303-441-1032
Open house next Wednesday to share information on 95th Street reconstruction and other Niwot-area road construction
95th St. Project takes place between Lookout and Plateau roads; starts late April
Boulder County, Colo. - Boulder County Transportation will begin a project to reconstruct and widen North 95th Street between Lookout and Plateau roads this April. Work is anticipated to last into the fall of this year. The project will require daytime, weekday lane reductions and shifts. Traffic control personnel will be used to help travelers safely navigate the work zone. Working hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
In addition to North 95th Street, the Transportation Department will resurface three other roads and complete quiet zone railroad crossings in Niwot this summer, including:
- Niwot Road resurfacing between SH 119/Diagonal and Walker Drive – starting later this summer
- Neva Road resurfacing between Franklin and North 83rd streets – starting later this summer
- Burgundy Drive resurfacing north of Niwot Road – starting later this summer
- Railroad crossing on Monarch Road at SH 119 – anticipated to begin in April
- Railroad crossing on Niwot Road at SH 119 – anticipated to begin in May
- Railroad crossing on 2nd Avenue at SH 119 – anticipated to begin in June
The public is invited to learn about all of these efforts at an open house:
Niwot Area Road Construction Open House
4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
Rocky Mountain Christian Church
9447 Niwot Road at the intersection of Niwot Road and 95th Street
Additional railroad quiet zone crossing work will also be completed at locations along SH 119 this summer. Learn more on the county’s quiet zone crossing webpage.
More information on the 95th Street (Lookout to Plateau) Reconstruction Project can be found on the project webpage.